Last year in November, Jon Stokes and Ryan Paul had engineering director Matthew Papakipos and Google PR Eitan Bencuya in an interview about Chrome OS. The interview was released in January 2010 and reveals detail information about Google’s new operating system.
Here’s a summary of the first part of the interview:
- Chrome OS development did’nt start before 2009.
- The netbook hype enforced development earlier than they had planned.
- Battery capacity is an issue with current notebooks.
- They want to make clear to customers that it’s NOT a windows machine. It’s for a different purpose.
- 225 Google employees are already testing the system (in November 2009).
- Android and Chrome OS will converge.
You can find the full interview at http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/01/chrome-os-interview-1.ars.